Suggestions, Comments and Complaints

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed. Please use our online Feedback and Complaints Triage. Alternatively, a suggestion box is provided in the main waiting area in the practice.


The practice operates a procedure to deal with any complaints received. Please contact our practice manager via our Contact the Practice form, for more details.

What to Do If You Are Dissatisfied With The Service You Received

We always try to give you the best possible services, but there may be times when you feel this has not happened. This information explains what to do if you have a complaint about the services we provide for you.

Right to Complain

We have to respect our duty of confidentiality to patients and a patient’s consent will be necessary if someone other than the patient wishes to complain on their behalf, unless they are incapable (because of physical or mental illness) of providing this.

How to Complain

  • If you have a complaint you should firstly bring it to the attention of one of our staff. You do not have to put your complaint in writing. We will try our best to resolve the matter to your satisfaction by the end of the next working day.
  •  If the matter cannot be resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to take it further, please telephone or write if you prefer to our complaints manager. She/he will take full details of your complaint and agree with you how best to undertake the investigation. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days.

Our aim is to resolve complaints speedily. We will offer you an appointment at a time suitable to yourself, to discuss your concerns and agree:

a) The manner in which the complaint is to be handled.

b) The period within which the investigation is likely to be completed and the response sent to you. We will aim to resolve your complaints within 10 working days. Sometimes, we may need to make some enquiries and this may take a little longer before we can contact you. We will keep you informed of the progress.

We will always try to address your concerns fully, provide you with a written explanation and discuss any action that may be needed.

We hope that upon receipt of our written response you will feel satisfied that we have dealt with the matter thoroughly.

What if I have Further Questions Once I have Received the Practice’s Response?

Please contact the practice’s complaints manager again who will try to help.

Where Can I Get Further Help and Advice?

Free help and advice can be obtained from Health Watch Oldham, 12 Manchester Chambers, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1LF. Telephone number is 0161 622 5700.

What to do if I am Not Satisfied With the Outcome

If you remain dissatisfied after receiving the response to your complaint, you may take your complaint to the Ombudsman details below:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Complaints helpline: 0345 015 4033

The helpline is open 08:30 to 17:30, Monday to Friday.

Email or fax on 0300 061 4000.